July 3 to August 3, 2015.
Great Tree is looking for thoughtful, energetic, enthusiastic people who are interested in living, working and practicing Zen in a small women’s community in the mountains during our summer practice period (May – August). Open to women only at this time.
- Interns will participate in the daily temple practice, training and study: meditation, daily ceremonies, Dharma study, formal oryoki style meals, work-practice (samu).
- They will experience at least one of our monthly sesshins and assist with special retreats and events.
- Our day begins at 5:30 am with the morning bell. Lights out is 9:30 pm.
- Applicants may apply for 1 or 2-month internships as follows:
- Full internship period (2 months): June 3-August 3
- Summer (1 month): June 3-July 1
- Late summer (1 month): July 1-August 3
To apply complete and submit Residential Application before May 21, 2015, June 15