Becoming a Great Tree Member
Many hands and hearts joining together help us to bring the vision to fruition, giving us a place to study and practice the Dharma together.
To be a Member of Great Tree, we ask that you declare your intention to become a member. It is that simple. All are welcome to become members of Great Tree Zen Temple.
A Member is:
- Anyone who declares that they would like to be a member.
- Added to our mailing list. Your contact information will not be shared.
- Asked to vote for board members and will receive an annual ballot.
- Receive regular email updates
- Receive the newsletter and other snail-mail
- Serve as a volunteer (we have lots of projects!)
- Participate in community, practice, study
- Deepen your practice through commitment and support
- Learn more about Soto Zen Practice at Great Tree
- Support Great Tree Practice and Residency Programs for Women
- Build a sustainable future for Great Tree through contributions of in-kind goods, services, pledges or donations
Membership: Both financial and volunteer support makes Great Tree possible and sustainable, but no fees are required to become a member. We are grateful your generosity and support; they go to help Great Tree grow!
How do you become a member?
Fill out and send us the form below and tell us how you would like to receive mail. We are happy to answer any questions you might have. You can also submit this form without becoming a member in order to receive mailings or update your current address. Thank you for your interest in Great Tree Zen Temple. You are welcome to send us the information by email or post.
Help Great Tree Grow! Become part of a unique Soto Zen Sangha in the mountains of Western North Carolina.