As Buddhists we take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha.
The third of the refuges is:I take refuge in the Sangha, Vowing with all beings, bringing harmony to all Completely without hindrance.
A tree is only as strong as its roots,Â its Sangha,Â its community.
As members of the Sangha, we revere our Teacher as the embodiment of the Dharma and our leader in understanding the Dharma.
As members of the Sangha, we support each other in our seeking the Way.
As members of the Sangha, we support our temple as our refuge where we can deepen our practice. Because Great Tree asks for our support and needs all of us to survive, she becomes our greatest teacher of generosity, the first and highest of the six perfections (paramitas).
Ways to get Involved:
- Participate in Great Tree activities and events
- Support each other through harmonious communication
- Volunteer your time, skills, and effort to help us become a strong community and build a foundation for helping others.
- Express Generosity to Great Tree through your giving
- Become a member of the Great Tree Sangha
- Make a monthly or annual Pledge to nuture Great Tree
- Contact us if you need more information
To receive regular email updates and newsletters, please click here.
Please consider supporting these projects:
- Practice Support Fund - Provides scholarship support for students to deepenÂ their commitment to regular participation in sesshin.
- Monastic Resident Support – Helps sustain our long-term and Temple residents
- Flower Fund – Helps provide flowers and incense for the zendo
- Mortgage Fund – Sustaining monthly or quarterly pledge
- Temple Development - Help underwrite small to large to huge projects: currently we are working on meditation trails, landscaping, adding benches, and badly needed new roadin to increase accessibility for disabled and handicap members and visitors, better parking and improving our driveway.
- Grow Great Tree – our Annual Fund to sustain and support activities, programs and operations