Sesshin & Retreat Programs 2013 – 2014
- Upcoming Programs and Events are on the sidebar, right.
- Active links (titles are dark green) will take you to to more details or registration pages. To register, visit Register for Events above, for general information for specific events or click here:
- Some activities require formal registration, some an RSVP only.
- Many regular events only require RSVP. Please call 828-645-2085 & leave a message or check for road conditions in winter.
- We suspend some activities in August while Great Tree is resting and Great Tree is closed to visitors on Mondays, during retreats and sesshins. Please be mindful of the schedule if you would like to visit.
- If you wish to visit or please call for an appointment: 828-645-2085 & leave message or contact us by email.
- Our fees will change at the beginning in January of 2014 . Please see Registration Pages under Programs above. Events in winter subject to cancellation or rescheduling please check back.
Tuesday Study Group: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Everyday Practice Opportunities – Click here for details
Weekly during these Practice Periods.
Fall Winter 2013: September 17 – December 17: Oct 15, 22, 29. Nov 12, 19, 26 and Dec 10, 17. Note: No meetings are held during sesshins lasting through Wednesday. 2014 Resumes February 11 through May 20; September 23 – December 2.
Wednesday Lectures at Zen Center of Asheville
Rev. Munnich’s regularly scheduled evening lectures at Anattasati Magga, 12 VonRuck Court, Asheville, NC, 7:00pm:
March 12, March 26, April 9, April 23, May 14, May 28, June 11, June 18, July 9, July 23, Sept. 10, Sept. 24, Oct. 8, Oct. 22, Nov. 12, Nov. 26, Dec. 10
Thursday Morning Zazen, 6:00 – 11:00 am weekly
Sunday Sangha, Every 3rd Sunday 10:30am – noon
Monthly zazen and informal discussion with Rev. Munnich
- Jan 19
- Feb 16,
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
- Sept 21
- Oct 19
- Nov 16
Family Meditation, Sundays, monthly, 10:30-Noon. Sign up for email reminders.
Sangha Work Days – Saturdays, once a month
- Aug 16
- Sept 20
- Oct 18
- Nov 15,
- Dec-help with Craft Fair
All events are led by Rev. Teijo Munnich unless otherwise indicated
The Great Tree Board of Directors meets monthly, save August and December. Please contact us for details.