Teens’ Retreat (ages 14 and up)
- July 12 -14, 2013
- Begins Friday at 5pm and ends Sunday at 4pm. Arrive by 4:30pm for Orientation.
- Fees: $70 for one; $120 for two. More than two? Please inquire.
- Click here to REGISTER
During this retreat we will follow a modified retreat schedule of meditation, work and study. This retreat is for ages 14 and up and includes Dharma Teachings, Buddhist precepts study and discussion, and instruction in Temple practice, silence. Learn to play GO, calligraphy and origmi. Assist in preparing meals (and clean up), hiking.
Children’s Retreat (ages 7 and up)
- July 22 – 24, 2013
- Begins Monday at 4pm; ends Wednesday at 4pm.
- Fees: $70; $120 for two children; more than two, please inquire.
Children are invited to participate in a modified retreat schedule under the guidance of Great Tree sangha adults. Includes Dharma teaching and discussion on some aspect of Buddhism. It will include meditation, chanting study, discussion and group service work. Activities may include arts and crafts such as clay play, origami or outdoor fun. Some quite time to practice silence. A kid friendly, playful practice time.
For more information, read Family Practice in the About Practice menu above, or Family Activities under Programs. There’s more under Registration about what to bring and we will provide a child friendly list with confirmation.
- Please fill out Personal Information Form , one for each child, since it includes questions about allergies and special needs.
Mother & Child Retreat
- Upcoming: February 9 – 10, 2013
- For mothers with their toddlers & children.
- Begins at 9am on Saturday and ends Sunday at noon. If you would like to arrive on Friday night, by 4pm, please notify us.
An opportunity for mothers to strengthen their spiritual practice in a sharing environment along with their children. Activities will be done together to create an environment where children naturally learn from the example of their mother and others. There will also be a a chance for mothers to practice without their children.
Please notify Great Tree if you wish to arrive on Friday evening (before 6pm) or earlier than 8am on Saturday. Orientation begins at 9am.
Our driveway can be a challenge during early spring months and we are in a rural area. Please call us to check road conditions before you leave home. We will provide parking instructions, if necessary. Be sure to remember we do not wear shoes indoors.
- Please RSVP by phone or email for early arrival on Friday.
- Orientation begins at 9:00am on Saturday
For more information, visit Family Practice in the About Practice menu above, or Family Activities under Programs.
- Please fill out Personal Information Form for all who attend